Cuando publiqué mi CV en tintachina más de uno se sobresaltó al ver las competencias de un Arquitecto de Información. Este correo puede ser útil para quienes deseen ver qué se exige a un profesional del diseño de interacción; o a quien quiera saber cómo se trabaja en Yahoo! o qué se cuece en las cocinas de la veterana marca.
Hace unas horas, la propia Christina Wodtke enviaba este mensaje a SIGIA-L:
do not reply to me.
We’re looking to hire a senior interaction designer for the Launch office, in Santa Monica. Please contact Nina Ristani (oculto mail) if you or someone you know is interested.
Company: Yahoo! Inc.
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Position Title: Senior Interaction Designer
Duration: Full Time
Yahoo! is looking for a Senior Interaction Designer to join the User Experience & Design group for LAUNCH, the Yahoo! music business unit. This team’s charter is to define and design the user experience for LAUNCH’s various music services. You will be responsible for the User Experience for LAUNCH and will provide direction to improve the web and software experience, usability, and functionality. In this position you are expected to foster and support a collaborative, innovative culture, working closely with visual designers, product managers, and technologists to define the experience strategy, spearhead the value of user centered design and the conceptual design of these services to achieve maximum user experience results. This is an individual contributor position with potential to build and manage a team.
Primary responsibilities include:
– Applying user-centered experience design practice by giving direction to and leading product design and user research for the LAUNCH site and PC-based applications, resulting in high quality user experiences
-Identifying requirements that balance consumer needs, business objectives and technology limitations
– Set conceptual design and product direction based on field research and functional requirements
– Design the user interaction model, workflow, information architecture and user interface
– Create prototypes in HTML
– Work with usability researchers to design and observe usability studies
– Translate usability research findings into design improvements
– Work with visual designers to improve and refine product visual design and consistency
– Communicate with all levels of management and across multidisciplinary teams throughout all phases of projects
Education and experience:
– At least 6 years experience in product design, interaction design, Human Factors, HCI, industrial design, or related area
– At least 4 years experience leading a large design effort with other designers and/or managing a design team for a site and/or PC application
– Must have strong management skills
– Must have experience in the launch of shipping products for both consumer software applications and/or web applications (Windows UI)
– Must be able to demonstrate strong design process and skills; familiarity with usability engineering methodologies
– Must communicate clearly and effectively; strong analytical and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills; able to collaborate actively with others in a cross-functional team
– Must be organized and able to work in a fast-paced and exciting environment
– Must have solid understanding of Web site design, and working familiarity with HTML
Por cierto, esta bitácora cumple tres añitos el martes. Espero que os paséis por aquí 🙂 Estáis todos invitados.